Quite often I have
been asked why I write. Sometimes in a tone that means aversion to my long
paragraphs (like this one). Different people have different reasons for
writing. Some write for the sake for writing. They write bills, invoices,
official letters, and sometimes even resignation letters. Others, the real
writers, write for the love and passion for writing. They don’t write romantic
love letters, but letters with love, for themselves and for the art of writing.
And I am proud to share such passion although it is not right to call myself a
writer of the truest form.
As for me writing is
the simplest form of self-pleasure. I just put into words those thoughts that
flood my mind during most parts of the day. It is so amazing to imagine how a
language with just twenty six alphabets can be used in multiple combinations and
permutations to create meaningful words. And these words when used together in
a sentence, like beads of a necklace create beautiful stories and phrases.
Stories that entertain, amuse, enlighten and sometimes even inspire us to adopt
a better way of living.
As for me, I write
about anything that comes to my mind. Being a nature lover my thoughts are
usually rhyme like why the sky is blue, why the rainbow has a hue, why water is
formless and colorless and such thoughts that normal people resign as useless
and childish. Otherwise I get into a war of words that demolish and destruct
the goodwill of political parties. I love nailing the wretched political
barbarians of this otherwise divine country with my words. That little
defamation is all that I can do as a powerless citizen.
I am at a loss of
words when it comes to examinations. The black and white print of a question
paper dries the ink in my pen and halts the activity of my brain. Maybe an exam
hall is the only place where my passion for writing does a nosedive. My creativity
is no match for the mammoth expectations of my examiners. I pray for their good
health, because I have cursed them long enough for making me write tiring exams
year after year.
0 comments:
Post a Comment