• My eternal love for books

                 A day to be counted as one among the happiest days. It is not often that I set out from home for the sole purpose of buying books. Today I set out from home only for that and to return the library books which had become due and for which a fine of Rs. 12 was imposed by the British Library. Right from home I set out to Moore market which lies close to Chennai’s central railway station. Moore market is much older than my age and my dad’s age put together. It has been standing erect since a long time except once when a fire accident destroyed some parts of the market. It lies right behind the Nehru stadium and close to the ground where Bombay circus makes it visit once in a while. Its well known for second hand books on any subject under the sun or perhaps even beyond. And it’s a paradise for a book lover like me. I enter the place with wallet full of money and walk out through the other side being bankrupt but with the happiness of buying great books at throw away prices. Being a pirated copy or being a second hand copy will never undermine the greatness of a good book. It is like history. Its magnificence never fades by the going of time. Like wine it becomes tastier day by day. I am a great fan of pirated and second hand books. Not that I have any grudge against original titles or I do not buy them. Just that their inferior counterparts tend to be much cheaper (read as far much cheaper). For the cost of one original book I will buy 2 to 3 books. The only compromises being the quality of the paper and the print. And at times you may not get all the pages, or the print could be unreadable. But the big picture is that the deal is real lucrative. And now that I have been a frequent buyer from most of the shops in Chennai, the hawkers know me by face and I get books for good discounts on the already reduced price. Today I got four books – 1. The auto biography of Lee Iacocca, 2. Tata Nano – Making of the wonder, 3. The Magic of thinking Big by David Schwartz. I already have the e book. I loved this book so much that I wanted the paperback too.4. Made in Japan, the story of Sony corporation. I roamed like anything today. I love roaming alone nowadays though when I see couples walking hands held together makes me feel a bit dejected for a moment. 
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    GET A FREE QUOTE NOW

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.

    ADDRESS

    4759, NY 10011 Abia Martin Drive, Huston

    EMAIL

    contact-support@mail.com
    another@mail.com

    TELEPHONE

    +201 478 9800
    +501 478 9800

    MOBILE

    0177 7536213 44,
    017 775362 13