• 100 Km cycle ride for Neville's Dawn to Dusk



    Have patience. Its about my yesterday's long cycle ride. 

    Still excited after completing the cycle ride of 100 Kms (its more than that, but not sure how much exactly). 8 out of 10 of my friends asked me to stay out of it. Since using a basic gear less cycle is a risky thing for long distances. A flat tyre and you will be out there in the middle of nowhere. Plus no helmet, no reflectors, no headlights, NOTHING. I would have been easily grinded to death by the rash lorry drivers. Anyways, something kept me going; maybe that part of human heart which won’t listen to the logical instructions of the brain – I think that was in active mode yesterday. The roads were long, straight and deserted. An evening sun was fading into the depths of the horizon. Somebody up among the clouds was turning on the air conditioner. Cool winds tingled my slender body and watered my eyes. A ride which started at 3:45 PM was still continuing in full throttle at 6:30 PM. A pit stop at 5:30 PM near Shollinganallur toll plaza was the only break. There I emptied a 500 ml pet bottle of water in one gulp, swallowed a banana in two bites, munched on an energy bar to refresh myself. Hunger relived, thirst put out, a free spirit again, into the road I flung myself.

    Through ECR road up to a U- turn in Kelambakkam where I missed the route and went a long distance somewhere in an unknown land to join back the group after some 45 minutes. There was no looking back after that. It was a straight road up to Madhya Kailash which was the end point of the ride plan. I saw the escort ambulance overtake me a in a second and tried racing it – gave up since my aim was to finish the ride and not to win a race with an ambulance which is exempted from traffic rules. I reached Madhya Kailash by about 8:30 PM and made a quick dash to my house some 15 kms away for a shower and dress change and reached Hotel Radisson just in time when the group arrived. It was 9:45 PM. A sumptuous dinner was arranged for us. My stomach was on fire. Made some emergency service with rotis and vegetable biriyani. Was quick to collect my medal and pose for a pic so that I can show off what I have done. Still the ride has given me many things which I cannot show off. It taught me that, if I set my mind on something I can get it done, if only I deny stopping. 13 might be unlucky for many. But this 2013 I have my mind fixed on many things. I have started with renewed energy and failures can’t tie me down.
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    GET A FREE QUOTE NOW

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.

    ADDRESS

    4759, NY 10011 Abia Martin Drive, Huston

    EMAIL

    contact-support@mail.com
    another@mail.com

    TELEPHONE

    +201 478 9800
    +501 478 9800

    MOBILE

    0177 7536213 44,
    017 775362 13